should there be a DWG server

gboyGMK

should there be a DWG server

Post by gboyGMK » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:29 pm

There are many good uses of a server. One this is the gauntlet. And we can set up a donations page and map requesting.

Unodir
Site Admin

Re: should there be a DWG server

Post by Unodir » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:27 pm

I am a proud father and I love you very much Gboy.

I agree a Dedicated Server is a great idea. It is pretty fun to be able to Admin a server and set a map rotation. Maybe we can find a way to work that out.

The Gauntlet is a [DWG] tradition and I hope someday you will get to run one yourself.

I will talk with Stiff about adding in a donations link.

youtu.be/IPjvDE-rKo0

mdotn9

Post by mdotn9 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:21 pm

We couldn't populate the last bf4 server. I've also noticed that there are fewer people playing bf4 because of the popularity of bf1.

Just some food for thought.

Stiff Richard
Site Admin

Post by Stiff Richard » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:55 am

Let's get the board flowing with some regular members, then try to recruit new members, and then we can discuss a dawg server. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Buckeye76

Post by Buckeye76 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:37 pm

Ide play in it! The BF4 servers are slowing down, but quality servers are almost non existant. Also, alot are not adminned so hackers are rampart. The server will be slow at first, but word of mouth will populate them. I would help yall out if you need it...

Unodir
Site Admin

Post by Unodir » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:44 am

Yeah, we would definitely need to get some more active players before we plunk down some cash. Gabe grew up around Battlefield, and remembers the golden years when we had a few Dedicated BF2/BF4 Servers running. It is the best way to get new members I've found, but we need to have people to fill it.
The idea is definitely on the table, but I agree with Stiff. Let's see where things go from here.

Niter1cbs

Post by Niter1cbs » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:03 pm

I'll always help out if I could :D

Stiff Richard
Site Admin

Post by Stiff Richard » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:54 pm

And there is our problem. A server costs money and it always ends up being one person's responsibility to cover the cost because someone that starts out with good intentions to help out, inadvertently has to skip a month, then another, then next thing you know, they never help out again. People lose jobs, money becomes tight, other expenses come up that are more important in "our" lives and take precedence over optional financial responsibilities.

We are few as it is that want to play semi-religiously. Let's just keep it simple for a while till we can all get it a little more routinely in our schedules.