My never ending issue with video

Anything Computer related. Networks, WiFi, hard-wired, RAM, Processors, new technology, keyboards, mice...it's all goes here!
Stiff Richard
Site Admin

My never ending issue with video

Post by Stiff Richard » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:09 pm

As it stands, I have the ATI Radeon R9 290. Maybe it's time to upgrade to something better.

I don't have any screen shots of my dilemma, but all I can say is that when in some maps, I'll have these huge walls that won't allow me to see the other side of the map. Sometimes I get a pixelated square on the screen, about 1.5" x 1.5" square. That doesn't bother me as much as the walls though.

Recently I updated the RAM, which I don't think has much to do with the video, but it's at 16g and I'm running a 4.4 AMD Vischera CPU 8 core. Along with the RAM and CPU, the only thing I can think of is a better video card. All this being said, does anyone have a suggestion? I don't plan on running it SLI so I need one card that will cover my issue that isn't too awfully expensive. Say a budget of not over $250.

Niter1cbs

Re: My never ending issue with video

Post by Niter1cbs » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:56 am

I have always used nvidia and never had that problem.

Stiff Richard
Site Admin

Post by Stiff Richard » Sun May 06, 2018 9:14 am

As per our discussion just moments ago. This has got to be an issue due to the video card.

Street view from D at spawn looking up from the street.

Niter1cbs

Post by Niter1cbs » Sun May 06, 2018 10:08 am

Less whiskey will fix that :)

Stiff Richard
Site Admin

Post by Stiff Richard » Mon May 07, 2018 5:13 am

It's not a screeny through my eyes on a drinking night. If it were, there'd be two scopes!